[linux-mm-cc] compcache-0.5pre1 release

John McCabe-Dansted gmatht at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 23:26:16 EST 2008

On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 11:28 PM, Nitin Gupta <nitingupta910 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Are either of these "issues"? I could probably whip up a patch in the
>> time it would take me to submit an issue.
>

> Patch would be nice! :)

I have attached a patch for you to look at. It isn't ready to be
applied, but I have some questions.

1) Using Kmalloc instead of xv if size > PAGE_SIZE-512

This is against compcache.c. Currently it does not even try to support
64bit or kfree on unload. Also for some reason it crashes after
writing "setting size to ..." to /var/log/syslog.

However does this seem a worthwhile approach?

2) warning the user if size is too large.

In this patch I have used both "cat <<EOF" and multi line echo. I
should probably pick just one. Do you have a preference?

--
John C. McCabe-Dansted
PhD Student