[linux-mm-cc] [RFC] LZO de/compression support - take 4

Nitin Gupta nitingupta910 at gmail.com
Fri May 25 08:57:21 EDT 2007

Hi Richard,

On 5/25/07, Richard Purdie <richard at openedhand.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-05-25 at 17:15 +0530, Nitin Gupta wrote:
> > Richard, can you please provide perf. results for this patch also?
> > Also, can you please mail back latest version of your LZO patch? In
> > meantime, I will try to include benchmarking support to the
> > 'compress-test' module.
>
> This version is 15% slower at decompression and about equal on
> compression.

If you don't mind, can you please try patch attached now? I have now
also rolled back that cpu_to_le16() change as Satyam suggested. I see
no other reason for this perf. loss as I made no other change!

Also, can you please verify if you are comparing your _safe_ version
with this patch? This patch does not include unsafe version and the
safe one is simply called lzo1x_decompress().

> I am however still strongly of the opinion that we should just use the
> version in -mm (which is my latest version).

I love this cleaned-up patch just sooo much! :)
Anyhow, if we can spend just small time scanning through these ~500
LOC to find reasons for any perf. loss, we will gain a lot!

Thanks,
Nitin