[linux-mm-cc] Announce: Compressed cache alpha-007 (kernel 2.6.18)

Nitin Gupta nitingupta.mail at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 05:08:35 EDT 2006

------------
Project: Compressed Caching for Linux
Project Home: http://linuxcompressed.sourceforge.net
Git (web): http://dev.laptop.org/git.do?p=projects/linux-mm-cc
Git (git): git://dev.laptop.org/projects/linux-mm-cc
------------

Hi!

This patch has significantly changed locking scheme in
lookup functions. This was to solve race problems which
surfaced while testing on SMP system.

[Patch download]:
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/linuxcompressed/patch-ccache-alpha-007-2.6.18?download

I tested this patch on 32-bit system Only with 10M for
page-cache and 5M for swap-cache (RAM: 128M).

I think, porting compression algos. to 64-bit is all thats
needed for 64-bit ccache support. Please mail me
(or mailing list) if you are interested in this.

It will be great help if anyone can please provide
code review for this patch :)

* Changelog: ccache-alpha-007 (applies to 2.6.18)

Changes since ccahe-alpha-006
-- Major locking changes in lookup functions.
-- Fixed chunk_head usage count which could lead to 'double free'
-- Removed abt. 500 LOC.

Cheers,
Nitin