[linux-mm-cc] Weekly work summary [8/12]

Nitin Gupta nitingupta.mail at gmail.com
Sun Jul 23 07:40:31 EDT 2006

Hi,

=====
Project: Compressed Caching for Linux
Git (web): http://dev.laptop.org/git.do?p=projects/linux-mm-cc;a=summary
Git (git): git://dev.laptop.org/projects/linux-mm-cc
=====

Finally, I have integrated compression structure with main Compressed
Caching code. YAY!!! :)
(The work is in 'simple_lock_structure' branch and is based on 2.6.18-rc2)

So, its kind of ccache-anon-alpha-001 :P

-- The pages are compressed by WKdm/WK4x4 and stored in compression
structure are desc. on Wiki (linux-mm.org/CompressedCaching).

-- Locking in find_get_page and friends is still simplified.

-- Having problems when LZO is used. System just freezes when its used.
I couldn't yet figure out exact cause. So this also needs to be fixed.

-- Haven't yet tested it on OLPC board. I'll do this when I get
_everything_ stable.

So, here's work for next week:
-- Implement better locking in find_get_page and friends as discussed
with mentor.
-- Include support for page cache pages too.

Cheers,
Nitin Gupta