[linux-mm-cc] Re: [lc-devel] Chunk list issues

Nitin Gupta nitingupta.mail at gmail.com
Sat Jul 1 14:32:09 EDT 2006

Hi Anderson,

>> somewhere...I'm not using
>> >
>> > Ok. Will be possible to transfer pages from vswap to a 'real' swap
>> area?
>> >

>> Yes, but 'procedure' will be same as for transferring a page from a
>> swap to any other swap: change it swp_entry_t to have 'type' for other
>> swap and it will get written to this second swap.
>
> What will be the factor that determines when/which page will be
> migrated from vswap to real swap?

vswap is full. Maybe others but I haven't thought of them yet :P

> How the chk->count is increased or decreased? Is this count related to
> page->_count?

chk->_count has same purpose as page->_count. When you use a chunk you take a
count. When you no longer want it you decrement the count. When it goes 0, free it.

I hope to post an implementation of compression structure (as on wiki) by
Sunday. Its as a separate module (storage-test). After a bit of testing I will
merge it with main ccaching code.
This will also allow working on structure separately from rest of ccaching
details :)

Cheers,
Nitin Gupta