[linux-mm-cc] [RFC] Better locking in find_get_page()

Nitin Gupta nitingupta.mail at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 07:37:44 EDT 2006

Hi,

This is patch (against 2.6.18-rc3) that implements better locking scheme in
find_get_page() as was discussed earlier. It's working smoothly with no
system freezes! For now, I have taken out compression structure code from this
to easily isolate problems I get here.

I do not have any particular questions on this but mailing you this patch to
have any comments you have on this locking in find_get_page(). I will then
improve it accordingly and bring this locking to all other lookup functions.

Once this much is stable, I will bring back compression structure and get
ccache-alpha-002 out :)

Regards,
Nitin Gupta