[OLPC library] gettext equivalent for SVG files?

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 21:25:48 EDT 2012

On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 2:45 PM, Bruno Coudoin
<bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net> wrote:
> Le jeudi 05 avril 2012 à 19:43 -0400, Chris Leonard a écrit :
>> Thanks Bruno,
>>
>> I think itstool and XLIFF format may be the keys, XLIFF is easily
>> converted back and forth to POT by Translate Toolkit.  I'll look into
>> it more.  It seems we'll not be getting SVG screenshots this time, but
>> it will be good to figure out for other content projects or
>> activities.
>>
>> http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGTiny12/i18n.html
>
> Ouch, I was not aware of these technologies. I need to get out of
> GCompris and look around. The technology is definitely improving and
> brings interesting opportunities.
>
> Bruno.

Yeah it is interesting what you can learn about when you hang out in
other people's neighborhood.  I heard about this stuff on the
gnome-i18n list.

ITS tool sounds real promising, but I haven't played with it,

http://itstool.org/

the interesting thing is that Shaun McCance is also the guy behind
Mallard (embedded docs) that is used by Gnome-docs for generating and
localizing embedded help pages.

cjl