[OLPC library] Fwd: Proposal for an interactive introduction tutorial to Sugar

Holt holt at laptop.org
Sun Mar 7 17:38:23 EST 2010

Similar to the Help Activity that Seth packaged up for XO-1.5 in Dec
(http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activities/G1G1/10.2) but what do
Support/Documentation Veterans think?

( Parallels our Mch 27/28 Washington DC "Getting Started" Booklet Sprint
work, thanks to volunteers overhauling http://laptop.org/start here:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Start )

Subject: 	[IAEP] Proposal for an interactive introduction tutorial to Sugar
Date: 	Sun, 07 Mar 2010 16:40:29 -0500
From: 	Erick Lavoie <erick.lavoie at gmail.com>
To: 	iaep <iaep at lists.sugarlabs.org>
CC: 	John Tierney <jtis4stx at hotmail.com>,
sugar-narratives at googlegroups.com, Gerald Ardito <gerald.ardito at gmail.com>

Following the work we have done on Tutorius in the last year, I would
suggest having an interactive introduction tutorial to Sugar that would
be presented to the user on the first login screen and in the option menu.

The basic outline of the tutorial would be to present the Frame, the
different Views, the Journal and finally the Browse and Write activities
in a single tour of the Sugar learning platform.

A more complete description of the proposal, including Mockups, a
feasibility discussion and a tentative roadmap, is presented here:

http://tutorius.org/blog/tutorius-integration-proposal-for-sugar-090/

Comments and questions from the community are welcomed!

Regards,

Erick
IAEP at lists.sugarlabs.org