[OLPC library] Sugarization of DjVuLibre: an alternative ebook reader?

samy boutayeb s.boutayeb at free.fr
Fri Jul 2 01:50:19 EDT 2010

Le jeudi 01 juillet 2010 à 19:13 -0500, James Simmons a écrit :
> Samy,
>
> I've had pretty good luck with DjVu files using Read, as long as
> you're using Sugar .84 or better.  Was there some reason you're
> looking for an alternative?

The images installed on the 137 Madagascar XO 1 machines (at least in
the deployment in Nosy Komba) are the gg-802-1.img (Sugar 8.2.1 ?).

Read doesn't worked if I remember correctly and they have installed
FBReader instead.
Lionel reported the following figures for the djv file (1,5 MB, 9 pages)
with FBReader 4:
- Launch & open: 30 s.
- Go one page forward/backward: 20 s.
- The navigation bar is unusable: freezes FBReader