[OLPC library] [Health] Introducing myself

Beth Santos beth at waveplace.org
Thu Aug 26 15:50:14 EDT 2010

Hi Mike,

So nice to hear that you're interested in making content! I work with
Waveplace, an organization that brings digital media skills to kids in
various countries around the world. We teach the Etoys platform and often
use the XO laptop, so we've been doing a lot of work with OLPC lately.

Anyway, a lot of us on the OLPC Health list are working together to create
public health content in the form of units of ten interactive lessons that
tackle important issues such as HIV/AIDS, malaria, sanitation, malnutrition
and other things that primary school-aged kids should know. The lessons can
be completely in Etoys or also involve some work to be done off the computer
(and then reported on Etoys)...however you want to work it. If you want to
lend a hand and get other students involved as well, that would be great!
Let me know if that sounds like something that might be of interest to you
and we can get talking.

Take care,
Beth

---