[OLPC library] Fwd: Language Learning Courseware

Seth Woodworth seth at isforinsects.com
Mon May 4 21:01:42 EDT 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Neal Scogin <neal.scogin at sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, May 4, 2009 at 3:36 PM
Subject: [support-gang] Language Learning Courseware
To: Laptop Support <support-gang at laptop.org>

I am developing courseware (a complete methodology) that utilizes Sugar
(primarily the collaboration - mesh networking features) to learn
languages.  I have recently found someone to help me with Arabic and so now
I am working on Arabic-English and Spanish-English.  I am interested in
using the International Phonetic Alphabet for some of the work.

I would like to have some software that can evaluate spoken language to
check for pronunciation.  When I purchased some Spanish learning software
years ago that was one of the features.  Obviously, I am looking for open
source software.

In addition, any advice on software tools for the courseware will be
appreciated.