[OLPC library] [Testing] gnubook testing

Rebecca Hargrave Malamud webchick at invisible.net
Tue Jan 20 14:46:39 EST 2009

More information on PD books for kids  -

Robert Miller, Director of Books at the Internet Archive reminded me
of the collection on the Archive:

http://www.archive.org/details/iacl

Many of these are replicated in Open Library, but the alternative
method of classification uncovers some gems. (including the Tag Cloud)

Here are some new ones I culled working on the BPL Scan-on-Demand project:

Uncle Wiggly's Adventures
http://openlibrary.org/olpc/embed?id=unclewiggilysadv00gari

Sea yarns for boys: spun by an old salt
http://openlibrary.org/olpc/embed?id=seayarnsforboyss00hend

The comical creatures from Wurtemberg
http://openlibrary.org/olpc/embed?id=comicalcreatures00plou

Dorothy Dainty at school
http://openlibrary.org/olpc/embed?id=dorothydaintyats1904broo

The ABC Book
http://openlibrary.org/olpc/embed?id=abcbook00fall

Things a boy should know about electricity
http://openlibrary.org/olpc/embed?id=thingsboyshouldk00stjo

Handicraft for handy boys
http://openlibrary.org/olpc/embed?id=handicraftforhan00hall

Best -

Rebecca Malamud

PS - I removed this from the somewhat high-trafficked Testing list -
seems more approproate to the Library-OLPC - would definitely like
feedback on the appropriateness of the material. Some are
unfortunately gender-specific - but they are over 100 years old. I
forgive the author :-)