[OLPC library] [Testing] gnubook testing

Rebecca Hargrave Malamud webchick at invisible.net
Thu Jan 15 12:21:58 EST 2009

Excellent, SJ!

Someone directed me to the International Children's Digital Library (
http://en.childrenslibrary.org/ ) as a possible source for content. I
haven't contacted them yet - but will.

Also, I am working with Open Library on a partnership project with
BPL (Boston Public Library) known as Scan-On-Demand:

http://openlibrary.org/bpl

There are some children's books - unfortunately, they aren't
categorized by subject (yet) - fortunately, I am redesigning that
page :-) - I am building a similar collection of the "best of" books
from what we have scanned - I will send the Library-OLPC list
anything I find -

In the meantime, feel free to queue up any books you find interesting
for scanning!

Best Regards,

Rebecca Malamud