[OLPC library] questions about PDFs

Diane Serley olpc.aunti.mame at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 13:43:02 EDT 2008

My mind is pondering ebooks at the moment and I hope someone can answer this
question:

I made a collection (.xol) of PDFs and it installed fine. But when I attempt
to read one, the PDF is "downloaded" from the library directory into the
Journal. I had expected that Read would launch and read it directly, or that
it would appear in Browse. But the download means that I have 2 copies of
the file in my XO: one in the Library and one where ever the Journal is
storing stuff...

Am I doing something wrong, or is this the expected behaviour?

Because Browse isn't reading it natively, I'm assuming that Browse is not
set up to deal with the PDF mimetype. Is there a file I can edit to get it
to recognize the mimetype?
--
Diane Serley
www.XOExplosion.com