[OLPC library] #6930 shipped activities need to be audited for licensing information

S Page info at skierpage.com
Mon Sep 8 17:11:49 EDT 2008

Daniel Drake wrote:

>  - which activities do we "ship"?

In Browse, clicking activities > finding activities from the OLPC
Library main page links to an "Activity and Library Bundles" web page
from November 2007 in /usr/share/activities/bundle-archive/ that still
offers links to the following installable activity bundles in its
bundles subdirectory:

   Analyze-5.xo      (in Joyride Software update)
   Gmail-2.xo
   Implode-2.xo      (now at v4 according to Activities wiki page)
   LogViewer-6.xo    (at v14 now, in Joyride Software update)
   Poll-16.xo        (at v17 now)
   Simcity-4.xo      (in Joyride Software update)
   SliderPuzzle-3.xo (at v5 now)
   StopWatchActivity-1.xo
   Terminal-9.xo     (at v 15 now, in Joyride Software update)
   wikihow-4.xol     (not an activity, I'm not sure if it's out-of-date)

In addition, bundle-archive/bundles also contains
   JigsawPuzzle-1_20071030.xo (at v3 now)

This is the case in 8.2-759 on my upgraded XO.  These files are also in
xo-1-olpc-stream-joyride-build-2338-20080825_2034-devel_ext3-tree that I
unpacked.

* Trac bug #8029 is that these old activities should be removed (sj
marked it fixed).
* There's also bug #8145 that the "Activity and Library Bundles"
document links to the wrong release notes (marked fixed, but it isn't).
* Also bug #7898 the "Activity and Library Bundles" document links to an
poorly-formatted sugar-handbook.pdf.

I don't fully understand how these files appear in Browse, git, or the
build, I apologize if I'm missing something.
Weeding out stuff that seems out-of-date is good gardening practice.
--
=S Page   user:skierpage