[OLPC library] Fwd: Open-source, cross-platform ePub reader

LuYu luyufreeculture at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 03:19:48 EDT 2008

How about FBReader <http://www.fbreader.org/> and/or Comix.  Comix
<http://comix.sf.net/> might be too slow, though it is excellent for
collections of images and archives with multiple pages.  Many people are
already using FBReader on their G1G1 XOs.  I use it on my PDAs, and it
is really great.  Also, it works on lots of devices like cellphones, so
any files that work on it can be shared with almost anything.

If you want to use the Browse activity, I wrote a script
<http://libreria.sf.net/> that can take most text files and make them
into usable HTML ebooks with tables of contents and everything (it also
is themeable and all of the images and layout can easily be changed).
For FBReader, you can just convert text files with Plucker.

LuYu