[OLPC library] questions about PDFs

Morgan Collett morgan.collett at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 08:45:24 EDT 2008

On Sun, Oct 5, 2008 at 19:06, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:
>> The Read activity.info file however, says that it should not appear in
>> the home view. I wounder why it appears in spite of that.
>
> And it shouldn't in its current form, since it has no way of opening a
> document on its own--it is designed to be launched from the Journal.
> If it were to be able to scan the Journal, then there would be every
> reason to include it on the Home View.

I filed #8350 for Read to invoke the Journal Object Picker if launched
without a document (or joining a shared session).

AFAIK the show_launcher option doesn't have any effect with the new
Home View design,  and has been replaced by the starring of
favourites. Read is unstarred by default in the 8.2 builds which
include the G1G1 activity pack.

Regards
Morgan