[OLPC library] extensive surgery to [[Getting started]] for Help/manuals vs. old start

S Page info at skierpage.com
Thu Nov 13 02:45:47 EST 2008

In the wiki "About the XO" navigation section, "Help using the XO" goes
to http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Getting_started , but nobody updated this
for the nifty Help activity/manual for 8.2.0.

Please take a look.

--> Is the Help activity is the same as http://www.laptop.org/manual/ ?
--> is there a version number hidden in the manual?
--> what's the title of this manual?

I removed references to the obsolete [[User_Guide]] and
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/User:Walter/sandbox

I move http://laptop.org/start into an "Earlier releases" section
--> It's beautiful, but I assume the Help activity/manual obsoletes it?
The "Getting started" collection
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Image:Xo-start-13.xol seems to be a
reformatted version of this, so I added it as a third downloadable format.

[[Getting started]] still has a bunch of links to pages within
http://laptop.org/start
--> Should I kill them all, replace them for 8.2 and move them to a
"Guides to releases before 8.2 section", or ??  (The general approach
depends on the the status of earlier release info in the wiki -- I'll
send separate e-mail.)

I tried to clean up http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Manuals as well, replaced
links to the obsolete Documentation page, etc.

It's  almost 3am in Cambridge and people are still working there?!
Thanks for all you do,
--
=S Page