[OLPC library] [Olpc-open] Nortel LearniT animations (Seth Woodworth)

Bryan Berry bryan.berry at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 10:58:52 EDT 2008

Charbax,

>It's great if OLPC can push for creating an open free standard for
>online video using Ogg Theora or push some other codec to become open
>free standard to use, create new video portals with ogg theora encoded
>videos and all that.

I am a big time advocate of open-source and free software.

OLPC is about many things but particularly about leveraging open-source
software to improve education

It is not about leveraging education to enhance open-source software
projects.

Proprietary codecs and plugins won't go away (as much as I wish they
would). We need to allow kids to access open content that happens to be
in a proprietary format, ASAP.

Bryan
Kathmandu