[OLPC library] [Health] Health conference call - March 16 1pm EDT

drew einhorn drew.einhorn at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 20:41:49 EDT 2008

I won't be able to make the conference call.  I'll be on the
road in Mexico.

We have made our airline reservations for HealthJamSeattle.
We are recruiting folks from the Lazarus/Free Pasal Developer
community to join us and work on porting
WorldVistA<http://wiki.laptop.org/go/WorldVistA>to the XO.

We are in the process of forming an OLPC
community<http://sfacc.pbwiki.com/OLPC+Community>at the
Santa Fe Complex <http://www.santafecomplex.org/>.  They will have a
gallery/exhibit space and
one of the projects I see is setting up an exhibition that may
stimulate support for OLPC in general and OLPC Health in
particular.

Take a look at the other Potential Projects at the above OLPC
Community link.

After HealthJamSeattle we are working on sponsoring a HealthJamSW,
somewhere in New Mexico.  Possibly at the Santa Fe Complex, or
possibly in Los Cruces, NM.

I'd like this HealthJam to have a major strand on:  "What's different
in the practice of medicine in the 3rd World.  And how can we
support it.  What is the impact of these different needs on the WorldVistA
project and other OLPC Health Projects.  I would like to invite folks from
the World Health Organization,Doctors Without Borders, Physicians for
Peace, Peace Corps, ...   (Assuming the folks a HealthJamSeattle
don't beat me to it.)

Looking forward to meeting many of you in person in Seattle.

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 10:50 PM, Arjun Sarwal <arjun at laptop.org> wrote:

> Sunday March 16th, 1pm EDT
> The same call in number as has been used before. If you need the
> number/access code, please email me/Seth/Mika
>
> Any volunteers for meeting minutes ??
>

> Agenda (first pass) below. Suggestions welcome.
> See
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Health_meetings#March_16th.2C_2008
>
>    *  New participants in the project -- please welcome Nand, Tom
> Boonsori, Adesina as they will introduce themselves and talk about
> their interests in the OLPC Health project
>    * Walter Humberto joins us as an adviser. About Walter, see
> http://faculty.washington.edu/wcurioso/
>    * Updates from Anna, Mika, Benjamin, Jennifer, Chris Leonard, Lia,
> Drew, Fredrick...(anyone else, please add )
>    * Is this a good time to start actively recruiting volunteers for
> health projects ?
>    * Health Jam!
>    * We need some sort of weekly boot-camp in which we can welcome
> new participants and help them get integrated into the workflow of
> Health projects
>    * What can we immediately deliver for the Peru deployment ?
>    * Volunteers needed for meeting minutes and meeting co-ordination
> and organization!
>

> Note: Please join the OLPC Health mailing list if you already haven't
> http://lists.laptop.org/listinfo/Health
>

> thanks
> Arjun

Drew Einhorn