[OLPC library] Preferred font size for ebooks on the XO?

Eben Eliason eben at laptop.org
Thu Jul 10 15:38:08 EDT 2008

Well, for better or worse, at the moment the Read activity doesn't
support HTML at all.  The intent (way back when) was to build robust
support for the crossmark format, which provides a human-readable
source with the flexibility of HTML for ebooks.  In the meantime, we
should probably make recommendations on preferred font size for pdfs
that are created specifically for the XO, but I'm not sure what that
should be.

It's unfortunate that our ebook reader doesn't support formats that
can reflow.  Perhaps we can look at changing that in a future version.
 It seems somewhat important to have if we want to make it a valuable
replacement for books for people of all ages.

- Eben