[OLPC library] Fwd: Importing .doc files into the wiki

Samuel Klein meta.sj at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 20:38:16 EST 2008

Hello Drew,

This is a fine list to post to.

> Now I have a text file that is way to big to cut and paste into wiki

How big is it?  You should be able to select all and paste that into
the edit box for a new page.

If it is larger than 20-30k, you probably want to make it into a few
wiki pages anyway, to keep rendering fast.

SJ
(who notes that we may want to expand the use of preloader templates
for new page creation; as is done for activity summaries at
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Creating_an_Activity )