[OLPC library] Getting organized, connecting with children

Samuel Klein meta.sj at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 16:44:58 EST 2008

Ed,

There are certainly lots of children (and interested parents and
teachers) with laptops; some of them would be willing to take part in
any user experience project.  I know many people on this list are
involved with a neighborhood school, or with a specific writing
project.  Perhaps some of them could suggest how they have been
getting feedback on their work.

It would help if everyone wrote about the projects they are
undertaking, or the groups they are working with (who would like to
test or review or get involved), on their user page; and added TODO
lists to their project pages.   There are certainly people on this
list who would like to work on new projects, or have projects that
need extra hands and eyes.

Of course this can be made more efficient (see separate threads about
wiki organization).  If people would note what they are working on and
what they are reviewing, that would be a good start.  (for instance,
while I know that Mokurai has an interest in telemedicine from your
page, I'm not sure if you are involved with DyD's telehealth projects.
 And I  DyD has been looking for more feedback, use cases, and soon
testing... and he added a "What can I do?" section at the bottom of
his project page:
   http://wiki.laptop.org/go/TeleHealth_Hardware
but it could use explicit test cases and a format/template for new
telehealth modules, a list of participants, and a todo list for the
project as a whole.

SJ

ps - as an aside, people who are using IRC to coordinate : this is
/not/ a substitute for updating the wiki or public code/project
repositories, since it isn't archived and only a small set of
community members uses IRC.