[OLPC library] Scratch cartoons for physics and health education - New universal language?

Bryan Berry bryan at olenepal.org
Tue Jan 29 18:09:17 EST 2008

Henry,

That's a fantastic idea

I love EToys and Scratch. What I love about both tools is that it is
fairly easy for someone to "discover" how your Scratch toy works and
modify it. It is much harder to do that w/ regular code.

Henry, I would love to use your scratch activities in Nepal. I know that
John Maloney is working on porting scratch to the XO but I don't know
the status. Once he does, it would be fantastic if you could package
each of your scratchlets as individual xo activities.

It is very easy to localize the images in a scratch activity. I don't
know how easy it would be to use pootle in conjunction w/ Scratch

--
Bryan W. Berry
External Relations Manager

Message: 4