[OLPC library] dublin core information for bib_info file

Bryan Berry bryan at olenepal.org
Tue Jan 29 12:45:20 EST 2008

SJ, Lauren,

Am working on the bib_info file like we discussed

I will post my results to the wiki for public discussion and review

I want to use standard Dublin Core 1.0 fields
http://dublincore.org/documents/usageguide/elements.shtml

and make the bib_info file an xml file. Want to use XML because that is
easier for repositories like DSpace, fedora repository server (not
fedora linux) to store than a plain text file.

I need to make sure the XML is human readable so it can be edited by
hand.

The goal of the bib_info file is that institutional partners like
Kathmandu University, Bombay University, that want to add bibliographic
data to their .xo bundles. Since it is optional it won't weigh down
everybody else.

I still need to play w/ different python modules for adding and
extracting Dublin Core info. I am a crappy programmer in general so it
could take me quite a while to write a script that prompts the user for
bibliographic data and then writes it to the bib_info file.

--
Bryan W. Berry
External Relations Manager