[OLPC library] 'OLPC-Health' takes off !!- MATLAB for OLPC?

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky znmeb at cesmail.net
Mon Jan 28 20:36:40 EST 2008

> On Jan 28, 2008 8:34 AM, Brown, Henry, DoIT <Henry.Brown at state.nm.us>
> wrote:

[snip]

>> Could Matlab create Greene Chip DNA microarray software to run on
> OLPC?

I missed this in my first post. As far as DNA software is concerned,
check out BioConductor (http://www.bioconductor.org). Most of it is
written in R or accessible to R, and most of it is open source.

One more note: I really think you'd want to run a lot of the heavier
stuff on a school server rather than directly on the XO. Given that the
school server is running Fedora, I don't think there'd be much problem
getting all this magic to run on one. Is there a "minimum RAM" space for
a school server? Some of these things use lots of RAM.