[OLPC library] [Olpc-open] Suggestion for Terms of Use for content

Carol Lerche cafl at msbit.com
Sat Jan 19 21:04:52 EST 2008

Seth,  sorry for sending this once to you and then to the list.  On
reflection I felt it should go to the list as well.

Truly the wiki is NOT the best way to organize content such as the
activities page.

Yes, the countries will be the arbiters of taste as to what is shipped on
each of their xo's but what about the next step?

Here are examples of completely different way to organize this type of
content (not very beautiful but quite a lot more functional than just a
list):

http://www.cmsmatrix.org/matrix/cms-matrix?func=search

or

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/search

I think we need a search by age/grade level, subject matter, localization,
countries using, minimum build requirement, maturity/bugginess, tag (where
an app could have multiple tags that were optional and possibly pejorative!)

The current activity page is pretty hard to use -- in the computer
science/database world I think we could term it a "heap".

Regards,

Carol