[OLPC library] Overweight Wiki Page

Jameson "Chema" Quinn jquinn at cs.oberlin.edu
Thu Feb 21 11:05:26 EST 2008

SJ's answer is the best one. However, if you want a kludgey hack, you could
do something like

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/User:Homunq/toctest

This uses template substitution to manually create links to subpage#section
in the section headers. It means that someone editing the subpage later will
see:

== [[subpage#section|section]] ==

as the section headers, and will have to edit the section name twice; but at
least those two instances are right in the same place. Any new sections they
create would have to use the template or follow the format above, or they
would be unreachable directly from the main TOC.

Obviously, you could write a bot to fix your headers the first time, or even
write one which periodically checks and fixes any newly-created

== normal headers ==

.

Again, the better solution would be a mediawiki extension, if you do PHP.

Jameson