[OLPC library] [Grassroots-l] Math Header Logos for the wiki

Seth Woodworth seth at isforinsects.com
Mon Feb 11 15:13:53 EST 2008

Who is the OLPC wiki for?  It is for contributors and developers, and our
lingua frank is English according to wiki guidelines, we translate into
other languages on the wiki from there.

Even if we are English speaking, I think it important that we use as
international of English as possible.  Does most of the English speaking
world use these mathematics symbols?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obelus
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathematical_symbol

^ Suggests that they are the most common in the English speaking world.
Since this image isn't ending up in activities, or distributed otherwise
(don't some of our activities use this symbol?) I think that we should judge
it on the merits of the images and colors.