[OLPC library] Licensing for One Laptop Per Child

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 16:53:59 EST 2008

Copied to OLPC mailing lists and Librarian Chick, cataloguer of free textbooks.

On Feb 5, 2008 7:36 AM, Joshua Waitzkin <joshwaitzkin.web at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Edward, Many thanks for following up. Jack Hidary told me about this
> program over dinner a couple weeks ago. I think it is just wonderful and I
> will be thrilled to help. Question--would you prefer to have an audio or
> text version of my book? We'll make it happen either way.

Both, in fact. See
http://www.olpcnews.com/content/ebooks/effective_adult_literacy_program.html
for one major reason.

> Also, how much memory is on the computers?

256 MB RAM, 1G flash storage

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Hardware

> I can try to have Ubisoft donate versions of
> Chessmaster so the children can play chess as well.

Outstanding.

--
Edward Cherlin
http://www.EarthTreasury.org/