[OLPC library] OLPC-health

Seth Woodworth seth at isforinsects.com
Mon Feb 4 00:51:31 EST 2008

I've looked at Scribus.  And it's very beta still. It has some potential to
be great software eventually, but it is nowhere near InDesign.  And it can't
read the source files at all.  I will likely be using Scribus for the
printed XO manual later on this month, so I hope it isn't as bad as it
seems. :S

> It'd be really nice if we had a way to dish out work like that. Doing
> a single chapter is a manageable chunk of work, and the result is
> visible right away. I think it's fun to do, except for the part where
> it takes 100 hours to do the whole book if you have to do it alone.
>
> If we can setup a team of people working on jobs like this, it'll be
> more fun and diverse for everyone.

I've been working on restructuring the [[Health]] pages on the wiki and I'm
working my way into restructuring the participate and volunteering pages in
general.  If we really want people to get involved, we need to better
document what you're doing, what the work flow would be, what skills are
required, and get the word out there.

Volunteer coordination is hard, but worth it. :)

Seth