[OLPC library] [Wiki-gang] Wiki vandal attack. Ongoing. Help in #olpc now if you can.

Samuel Klein sj at laptop.org
Wed Dec 17 02:57:22 EST 2008

Thanks for the heads up.

This is a useful view of recentchanges:
http://wiki.laptop.org/index.php?title=Special:RecentChanges&hideliu=1&limit=500&hideminor=0

It looks like cjl and I managed to revert all the bad anon edits from
the past 24 hours.
I turned on the Sorbs blacklist extension, which may automatically
block edits from IPs on that blacklist; and added the CommentSpammer
extension, which blocks edits from IPs caught by the wiki-commentspam
honeypot project.  This should help with the major categories of spam
we're still running into.

SJ