[OLPC library] Documentation Jam aka BookSprint

Anne Gentle annegentle at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 13:19:10 EDT 2008

Hi Greg -
Excellent questions. I'll answer to the best of my knowledge, but we
may want to schedule a meeting as has been suggested recently.

Based on our meeting a few weeks ago, the plan is to document 8.2 due
to the UI changes and the tie-in to the G1G1 release. Please let us
know if that is an incorrect assumption.

I have been putting chapter and outline framework together on FLOSS
Manuals and have joyride-2253 installed, but request guidance for the
best preparation for the XOs the writers will use. We plan to have an
XO available for each writer. From the homepage, it looks like an
effort is going towards 2263 so I can move to that one. I'd also like
guidance on the Activity set to document as the "default set" as that
gets finalized. I plan to prep the XO machines the week before the
sprint with the help of Mikus.

Your commercial experience sounds like business as usual for technical
publications and we can work in a similar manner for the BookSprint -
in fact the wiki collaboration helps with communicating the latest
information on releases and versions and many commercial projects are
using wikis internally for this very aspect of software and hardware
development. I think it'll work quite well.

The outline for the chapters for the documentation can be found here
as well as details about the BookSprint:
http://sugarlabs.org/go/DocumentationTeam

Please feel free to add information as you see fit, and thanks for
using the Library list for your questions. We're happy to be
integrated with the dev teams as much as possible.
Thanks,
Anne