[OLPC library] Health Jam 2008

Arjun Sarwal arjun at laptop.org
Tue Apr 29 14:31:00 EDT 2008

>  Why didn't the Health Jam focus on getting folks to help w/ the
>  development of these activities that you described?
>
>  Too many OLPC content projects are characterized by
>  1) Lots of great ideas
>  2) Lack of focus
>  3) Lots of excitement, wiki pages, and e-mails
>  4) Not much output in terms of finished activities or activity bundles.
>
>  Sorry to be blunt but we need to change this.

Ideas on getting started with this change ?

(just trying to push the conversation forward in this direction as I
agree with your point to some extent)

best
Arjun

From: Bryan Berry <bryan.berry at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Grassroots-l] Health Jam 2008
To: Samuel Klein <meta.sj at gmail.com>
Cc: olpc-open <olpc-open at laptop.org>,   Games for the OLPC
       <games at lists.laptop.org>, grassroots at lists.laptop.org

>There's no contradiction between activities that are fun, or with
>complex ideas behind them, and those that teach the most basic health
>and survival skills to children.

Teaching basic health and survival skills to kids is actually quite
complex.

EKG's w/ the XO or the VistA healthcare suite are neat apps but not what
is needed by most deployments.

When I refer to "complex" I more precisely mean problems that are
technically interesting but not directly not related to education for
kids ages 6-12, OLPC's primary focus.

--
Arjun Sarwal
Intern, One Laptop per Child
Email: arjun at laptop.org
IRC: arjs on irc.freenode.net in #olpc, #olpc-health, #sugar