[OLPC library] Get involved - Measure Activity on the XO (Edward Cherlin)

Arjun Sarwal arjun at laptop.org
Thu Apr 10 12:51:01 EDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 10:11 PM, Langellier, Larry
<Langellier at morainevalley.edu> wrote:
> Ed's post reminded me to ask a question I've been wondering about:
>
>  >I wrote a report some years ago under the title Personal Instruments,
>  >talking about digital oscilliscope boards for PCs, inexpensive
>  >instruments, and data visualization and analysis software.
>
>  Has anyone tried to hook up a Scratch Board (http://scratch.wik.is/Support/Scratch_Board) for use with Measure? Can Measure be modified to get input from a USB port?

The scratch board is great. However Measure allows one to do the same
things by plugging in sensors costing about $1 or $2, while the
scratch board costs $25.

Measure, currently has no support for USB interfacing, but I'm sure it
can be done.

Edward Baafi of the Fablab has made a $2 sensor board that plugs into
the USB and is installed like a USB-keyboard and continuously sends
sensor values from the values sampled off the 3 ADC channels of the
AtTiny micro controller that he's used.

Any suggestions for Measure and sensors are most welcome.

kind regards
Arjun