Fw: Adding a Flash software to the OLPC

Samuel Klein sj at laptop.org
Wed Oct 3 10:01:33 EDT 2007

Hello Julien,

Thanks for your interest.  We have some active game developers working on
games for the OLPC laptops, and some have been developed already in Flash.
We ship with Gnash, the open-source flash player.
       http://www.gnashdev.org/

The best flash games would be ones that work in Gnash as well.  You might
want to have the developers join our game development list to discuss
their ideas:

What you would need to do is to publish a page about the game you are
developing, ideally on our wiki (http://wiki.laptop.org) and let our games
list know about it; then package the game as an Activity (this involves
some modification to make the game aware of our default window manager
and environment):
       http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activities

Cheers,
SJ

ps - We currently have a larger number of games written in Python,
particularly in Pygame; see http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Games and
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Game_development for more.