[OLPC library] Curly Logo / OLPC

Samuel Härgestam samuel.hargestam at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 16:01:36 EST 2007

Hello all,

This might be a good time to inform/remind potentially interested parties
about the Logo tutorial I wrote for OLPC about a year ago (
http://www.israelsson.org/~lethe/logobook/0.5.2/). At that time, I thought
the version of Logo to be shipped with OLPC would be Arnan (Roger)
Sipitakiat's version, but that doesn't seem very likely anymore. In any
case, I'd prefer to use a javascript interpreter, as it could be integrated
directly into the tutorial. I was getting worried I would have to write one
myself, but David's seems to fit the bill perfectly.

David, do you have a spec for the dialect of Logo you're using, so that we
could sync? Would you (or anyone else) be interested in trying to integrate
the tutorial more tightly with the interpreter, to make the learning curve
for these kids as smooth as possible? If so, please send me an email. I
would love to do it myself, but right now I'm extremely busy at work (it's a
startup) and have almost no spare time at all.

Best,
Samuel