[OLPC library] Curly Logo / OLPC

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net
Wed Nov 28 15:43:00 EST 2007

On Wed, 2007-11-28 at 14:28 -0600, Ian Bicking wrote:
> It seems like an activity to me, but how an activity based on HTML and
> Javascript might work is an open question.  A question that should be
> answered.
>
> There's also things like persistence that would come up.  Ideally you
> could write programs and save them and share them.  Also, the images you
> make should also be shareable.  And it should be possible to use those
> images elsewhere in the system.  So it should fit in with the journal.
>
> This seems like a nice, concrete activity in which to think about how a
> web application can integrate with the system.

Certainly. An activity built upon components in javascript, html and
python can easily be constructed in a similar way to the Browse
activity.

The parts for interacting with the journal and sharing could be written
in python. With pyxpcom, a xpcom component could be written that gives
access to JS to all the services in sugar.

Tomeu