content stamping sketch and UI

Samuel Klein sj at laptop.org
Thu Mar 15 15:02:06 EDT 2007

On Thu, 15 Mar 2007, David Greisen wrote:

> Hi Jeff,
>
> Could you add a bit to your wiki page including:
>
> problem statement
> goals
> constraints

The basic use case is allowing different groups to identify collections of
content they like, or think meets their guidelines (be they usability,
punctuation, style, pedagogy, or other).

The goals are to let anyone easily review and classify materials, or to
get that review metadata (e.g., to write a viewer that displays materials
that have been classified in a certain way). In a related way, we want
people to identify themselves as part of a group developing a specific
set of materials.

Some contraints: we are willing to have a small bottleneck for group
creation, but otherwise want groups and individuals to be able to review
and classify freely.  There may be a default OLPC view of available
collections by language, but others (a school, a teacher, an individual,
the World Digital Library) should be able to develop their own views as
well.

-SJ