a constructive thought

Antoine van Gelder hummingbird at hivemind.net
Fri Jun 29 18:49:33 EDT 2007

The fact that the XO (or any other computer made in the last few years
for that matter) does not need a formal curriculum for kids to benefit
greatly does not need to present an obstacle when educators and parents
express concerns as to where curriculae will come from.

We may all grok that the kids aren't going to need much teaching when
presented with this tool but educators and parents still need help when
we're collaborating with our kids on their learning because being a
grownup means already having forgotten too much of our own childhood to
get by without at least a bit of structure!

Given that we need to address this problem... for starters, how
difficult would it be to arrange permission for the some of the works of
the great educators who have poured so much of their lives into the
dream of the XO to be allowed to be shipped in electronic form as part
of the XO distribution ?

  - a