xoxo, wiki updates and content bundles

Samuel Klein sj at laptop.org
Thu Jul 19 11:05:23 EDT 2007

Hello all,

Four updates:

== xoxo ==
We've added some regular summaries of community activities to the wiki :
please take a look at the xoxo page, and feel free to add sections and
notes you would like to see there.
      http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Xoxo

We are looking for people to summarize the laptop mailing lists; let me
know if you would like to do this, or would like to help translate it into
other languages.

== Bundles ==
There is a new spec for defining content bundles:
     http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Creating_a_content_bundle

and step-by-step instructions on making activity & content bundles:
     http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Creating_a_content_bundle
     http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Creating_an_activity

Comments welcome on these pages and on the formats.

== Activities for download ==
Activities packaged as .xo files currently automatically install
themselves into /home/olpc/Activities when downloaded via the XO browser.
When you start developing an activity, please be sure it is listed on the
Activities page
     http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activities

All downloadable activities on an Activity Grid page separate from the
general activities; if you are developing an activity, make sure it ends
up on this grid once it is ready for download.
     http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activity_Grid

== project pages ==

Finally, if you're working on a project that doesn't yet have its own wiki
page, please create one for it!

Cheers,
SJ