[Internships] OLPC Academy still alive?

Christoph Sohn ch.sohn at gmx.de
Mon Jan 30 20:38:46 EST 2012

Hi there,

I was wondering whether the OLPC Academy is still active, since I sent
an e-mail (below) to academy at laptop.org some time ago, but haven't heard
anything back since then. The website
(http://laptop.org/en/interns/apply.shtml) also hasn't been update for
quite some time.

Cheers
Christoph

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Betreff: Details on application for OLPC Academy
Datum: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 02:13:36 +0100
Von: Christoph Sohn <ch.sohn at gmx.de>
An: academy at laptop.org

Hi,

my name is Christoph Sohn. I am living in Bonn, Germany and am currently
doing my masters is Information Management, which is a combination of
computer science and management.

I am a strong supporter of helping developing countries catching up
through modern ICT, as it provides a valuable infrastructure for
tackling major problems they have. As OLPC taps right into that, I was
immediately convinced of the approach. Giving laptops to children in
developing countries, teach them how to use them and make it part of
their daily school eduction is in my opinion a great way to prevent even
more future disadvantages over more developed countries through computer
illiteracy.

As I will finish my studies in a couple month, I would like to take the
chance to donate my time and motivation to OLPC for 6 month in any
developing country on-site. I came across the academy program and
believe I could help best in technical support or monitoring &
evaluation. However, I would also be open to work in other areas, if
help is needed more urgently there.

As you currently don't provide any details on how to apply, I'd be happy
if you would let me know about the application process as well as give
me more information about the academy program.

Best regards
Christoph