[Internships] Internship possibilities for summer 2012

Sturgess, Erin Erin_Sturgess at kenan-flagler.unc.edu
Fri Sep 16 14:22:28 EDT 2011

Hi,
My name is  Erin Sturgess and I am a Junior at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. I am double-majoring in Business Administration and Hispanic Linguistics, and am currently looking into some internship possibilities for the upcoming summer. While I would like to find an internship which would help me develop my business skills, what most interests me is helping others. I love OLPC's strategy of solving community and regional problems by addressing the needs of the youth, specifically in the area of technology. Technology is such a huge part of community development in this increasingly interconnected world, and is a resource which should be made available at all levels of income and society world-wide. The hands-on approach which OLPC takes in approaching the needs of communities is an excellent way to meet people where they are in order to foster growth and leaning among children in developing communities. Are there any opportunities available for next summer in which I could use my business knowledge and Spanish proficiency by partnering with OLPC through an internship? I would love to send you my resume or Spanish/English writing samples, talk to you more about my passion for education or my undergraduate background in business, and discuss any potential internship opportunities. I look forward to hearing from you.
Sincerely,
Erin Sturgess