[Internships] 2010 application question

Bryan Stuart bstuart at laptop.org
Sat Feb 6 10:52:15 EST 2010

Hi Devan,

Thanks for your message and interest in OLPC internships. To answer your
questions:

1. Apply with the English application. In the interview, you will have an
opportunity to demonstrate your French language skills.
2. Yes - as long as the first 3 months of an internship go well, internships
can be extended.
3. We assess applicants on a rolling basis. You will be informed of your
status 2 months after you apply.
4. We're somewhat flexible with intern start dates. We'll work with accepted
applicants to schedule start dates.

Best,

Bryan

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 11:37 AM, <devangregori at gmail.com> wrote:

> To whom it may concern,
>
> I am an eager applicant for the 2010 country support internship, and had a
> few questions about the application procedure. I am a French major
> graduating from UC Berkeley, and am interested in applying in Rwanda so I
> can utilize my French-speaking skills. However, I am unsure whether or not I
> should apply with an English application (since I am a native speaker) or
> the French application. The same question applies for the interview as well.
>

> I am also curious if I apply to intern for three months if it is possible
> to extend it to six months later?
>
> Lastly, I would be interested to know what the timeline is for this
> application process if that is possible. Generally when do you start to
> accept applicants, and when do applicants start?
>
> Thank you for your time, and I look forward to hearing back from you,
> Devan Gregori

Bryan Stuart
One Laptop per Child
OLPCorps: http://laptop.org/en/olpcorps/