[OLPC India] The note from Harriet

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Tue Oct 30 16:29:24 EDT 2012

On Sat, Oct 27, 2012 at 3:25 PM, Samuel Klein <meta.sj at gmail.com> wrote:
> <delurk>
>
> I don't know where the strong emotion in the two recent emails came
> from, but ask all list members to use this list only for constructive
> discussion of education in India, and to be civil and respectful of
> other list members.
>
> Regards,
> Sam.
>
> On Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 3:44 PM, Satish Jha <sjha at vsnl.com> wrote:
>> JV,
>>
>> Thank you very much for posting this mail from Harriet...
>
> --
> Samuel Klein          @metasj           w:user:sj          +1 617 529 4266

Forwarding private emails to a public list is not good list etiquette.
That is what got this thread going. Whatever be the content and intent
of a private email, it should not be forwarded to a public list.
"Behind the scenes" conversation is between those who are behind the
scene. Let it be that way.

I hope the conversation on this list, whatever little it is, will
continue to be constructive and civil. This project is unlike any
other before it, and the work is done both by large entities and
individual volunteers. Every viewpoint is important. Every
contribution is welcome. We need help with translations (see
http://translate.sugarlabs.org/), offline content, books (both
curricular and otherwise), etc. If you are new to the list, take a
look at http://olpcmap.net/ and add yourself to it if you'd like. If
you have any interest in furthering this project in India (or
elsewhere), please write to countries at laptop.org or the OLPC
Association in Miami.  All XO laptop purchases are now handled by the
OLPC Association in Miami. See
http://blog.laptop.org/2012/09/05/olpc-update for more details.

cheers,
Sameer