[OLPC India] The note from Harriet

RJV jv.ravichandran at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 03:50:15 EDT 2012

Thanks, Mr. Satish, Jha for the elaborate response. Look forward to meeting
you and discuss various aspects regarding OLPC.

Personally. I dislike lobbying and politics outside the political context
so will abstain from interacting with any state government till I am sure
that everything is clean and misinformation floats around.

Regards,

Jv

On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 4:14 AM, Satish Jha <sjha at vsnl.com> wrote:

> **
>
> JV,
> Thank you very much for posting this mail from Harriet who has been a
> constant source of irritation from the day Professor Nicholas Negroponte
> appointed me to lead OLPC India.
> She has been misrepresenting her affiliation with OLPC and has had nothing
> to with OLPC since Aug 2008 and was an employee of Reliance ADAG.
> Please note that the wikipedia site was vandalized by someone, I don't
> know if it was her, and it is not self created but vandalized many times by
> the opponents of OLPC in India and I have no interest in that site.
> I have been running OLPC India Foundation with my personal resources and
> sometimes OLPC has helped with some resources.
> Its unfortunate that there are people love OLPC so much they cannot find
> an identity outside of it and have hurt its cause.
> Just ask her what has she contributed to its cause other than misleading
> people and coming in the way of expansion of OLPC in various states.
> I have contributed to OLPC India more than most Indian professionals earn
> in a lifetime over the past four years. And I will continue to contribute
> as long as I can because I have seen what it can do for the children.
> I have had sjha at vsnl.com as my ID since I contributed my two cents to
> help VSNL create vsnl.com during the days I was chairman of James Martin
> & Co and the ID was given to me with compliments during the Dr B K Syngal's
> chairmanship of VSNL.
>

> Thanks and regards

Regards,

Ravichandran Jv