[OLPC India] I know <indian state>

mokurai at earthtreasury.org mokurai at earthtreasury.org
Wed Nov 7 14:12:11 EST 2012

I Know Ancient India, in the time of the greats of Buddhism, Jainism, and
Hinduism, when all three traditions were teaching the Blind Men and the
Elephant.

The Lord Buddha was born in Kapilavastu
Enlightened in Magadha
Taught in Benares
Died in Kusinagara

एवं मया
श्रुतम्।
एकस्मिन्
समये भगवान्
राजगृहे
विहरति स्म
गृध्रकूटे
पर्वते महता
भिक्षुसंघेन
सार्धं महता
च
बोधिसत्त्वसंघेन

I personally know much less about the Dravidian traditions of the time,
but I know that they were there.