[OLPC India] community efforts in Goa

Nagarjuna G nagarjun at gnowledge.org
Fri Aug 5 13:43:31 EDT 2011

On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 10:46 PM, Sameer Verma <sverma at sfsu.edu> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 10:01 AM, Nagarjuna G <nagarjun at gnowledge.org> wrote:
>> On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 12:55 PM, Sameer Verma <sverma at sfsu.edu> wrote:
>>> Many congratulations to the Goa gang.
>>>
>>> http://monsoongrey.wordpress.com/2011/08/04/one-year-of-olpc-in-goa/
>>>

>> Indeed.  They are doing very good work.  I only hope we could work
>> with new version of laptops.  The old machines that we have are giving
>> several problems.  Looking forward to some major decisions/donations
>> to procure 1.5 version.
>>
>> --
>> GN
>>

> Kudos to your effort with the Goa project!
>
> Are the XO-1 machines running a newer version of the image?

yes.  we keep upgrading the OS every six months.  some problems get resolved.

Mouse and battery problems are the most irritating ones.  As a result
we are keeping the machines mostly in the school.  we are thinking to
make arrangements to connect the machines to power in the school as
long as they are working.  We will also buy them external mouse so
take care of the mouse issue.  This way we can live as long as we can,
but it is desirable to have the new 1.5 as soon as possible.

--
GN