[OLPC India] Vpounteers needed for Manipur and UP

rakesh jha rakeshindiabharat at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 14:19:32 EDT 2010

Hi

I am very excited to hear about this opportunity and also at knowing that at
least one village has accomplished OLPC's goals. In response to this mail
from Saurabh Adhikari, I want to say that I want to volunteer for UP region
and I would like to know about further process that I need to do to achieve
this goal. I am eagerly awaiting response especially from Saurabh Adhikari,
about the steps that I need to take in this regard so that I can volunteer
for UP region.

Sincerely
Rakesh Jha

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 12:22 PM, Saurabh Adhikari <adhikaris at hotmail.com>wrote:

>  Thanks Mohit,
>
> Beginning May 2010, we need volunteers for Manipur and UP who can make
> these pilots showcase of the difference OLPC XOs can make and be ready to
> take the lessons learnt and the experience to other states.
>
> Sincerely,
> S Adhikari
>

> ------------------------------
> From: mohitgenii at gmail.com
> Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 14:09:10 +0530
> Subject: Re: [OLPC India] Rajasthan gets its first village with Laptop for
> every child today
> To: nagarjun at gnowledge.org
> CC: adhikaris at hotmail.com; india at lists.laptop.org
>
> Hey,
>
> This seems to be like a great move. Congrats and thanks to all the members
> of OLPC India who have been working really hard on getting this done.
>
> I hope that a similar initiative is taken by other state governments too.
>
> Regards,
> Mohit
>

> On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 1:42 PM, Nagarjuna G <nagarjun at gnowledge.org>wrote:
>
> On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 1:15 PM, Saurabh Adhikari <adhikaris at hotmail.com>
> wrote:
> > This morning Raisinghnagar became the first village in Rajasthan to have
> one
> > laptop for every child.
> >
> > Inaugurating the event were all the villagers, district officials and
> > legislators and Satish Jha encouraged them to make it the trigger point
> for
> > educating every child in Rajasthan.
> >
> > With support from TiE Sydney, Darshan Goswami and Satish Jha,
> Raisinghnagar
> > is the first village where every child in fact has an OLPC laptop now.
> >
> > Narendra Sisodia provided the technical leadership.
> >
> > Thanks to everyone who made it possible.
> >

> very good!  hope these children will teach the rest of the nation a lesson!
>
> --
> GN

Rakesh Jha

National Institute Of Technology Raipur