[OLPC India] USB to LAN Converter for OLPC

Abhishek Indoria indoria_abhishek at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 2 07:35:51 EDT 2010

> OLPC do not contains LAN connectivity - It has advanced Mess network.
> There is a product called - *"The USB to LAN Ethernet adapter"
.
> It will cost us ? 621 per piece in bulk. I think it is a good idea to give
> such adapter with OLPC by default.

Um, okay, thing is, not all connectors supports all modems. There are some connectors which support some modems while they don't support others, and vice versa. My personal opinion, this will be a waste of resources as it is not necessary that that specific connector will support the modem you, or I are using.

Just an opinion.

--

Abhishek Indoria

OLPC Support Volunteer